By Joseph Laviano | 3G Ignite Marketing Group | July 2022
TikTok has held the number spot for social media app downloads for the last three years…and counting. In 2021, the TikTok app was downloaded 656 million times, the most of any mobile app in any category.
While many think that TikTok is used only by GenZers, the TikTok demographic continues to grow; for instance, in the first quarter of 2021, 36% of TikTok users were between 35 and 54 years old, compared to 26% in 2020. With that said…TikTok is a tsunami that is reaching every demographic…even boomers.
Here are ten fascinating TikTok stats.
Data collected from Michelle Cyca @Hootesuite.com, March 2022.
- TikTok is the 6th most-used social platform in the world. It ranks just behind Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Instagram, and WeChat
- Eight new users join TikTok every second
- TikTok has over one billion monthly active users
- You’re most likely to find TikTok users also on Facebook (84.6% overlap), Instagram (83.9% overlap), and YouTube (80.5% overlap)
- TikTok is now more popular than Instagram among Gen Z users in the US
- TikTok is the most engaging social media app — by far
- TikTok’s user base skews female
- Over 67% of users say TikTok inspired them to shop— even when they weren’t planning to do so
- The best performing TikTok videos are between 21 and 34 seconds
- By simply adding captions to TikTok video, there is a 55.7% increase in impressions
If you are interested in exploring marketing strategies using TikTok or other social media platforms, contact 3G Ignite, we will perform social media audit and create a strategic marketing plan geared specifically for your industry.